Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Good Old Convent

As I have said before, my apartment is actually an old convent. Some of the most interesting things in this building are all of the old "nun stuff" like the bell tower, the random statues of Jesus everywhere and also the crosses that decorate a lot of the walls. However, I find that one of the most interesting things that has been here since the time the place was a convent is the huge vat on the first floor where they used to do all of the laundry. I wonder if the could do all their clothes in one huge load? Also, I wonder if they even had hot water. The room that this vat is in is probably the scariest thing I have every seen in my life. At nighttime, there are no lights in there whatsoever. Because we have to come in the "night entrance" after 9:00 PM, (which takes you right past this room) I usually bolt past this creepy dark room!

No comments: