Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Kinds of Police!


While I was at the parade for the Festival of the Republic (see previous blog for information on what that is) I noticed an entirely new branch of police. The name on the cars of these police officers was Guardia di Finanza. After doing some research on sorrentotourism.com, I found at that the finance police "specializes in the battle against tax fraud, financial crimes and drug trafficking." The finance police don't fall under armed forces like the Carabinieri. They are a part of the police force and help with the State Police with enforcing border control. Unlike some of the other police officers that wear navy blue or white uniforms, these officers where light gray uniforms. I could only snap a picture of one of their cars though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting. Can't imagine leaning over this vat to wash all those clothes by hand.

I do like the idea of just one BIG laundry load. Mom