Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Group Walk

Yesterday, my group spent the entire morning going to one place on each of our group member's walks. The walks that we had to design incorporated places that were related to one of our themes on our blogs. We began our walk by going to the main street in Trastevere called Vle. di Trastevere which was one of Shane’s places. After that, we went to the Villa Doria Pamphilj which was one of my places. This is one of the largest public parks in Rome and is still owned by the Doria Pamphilj family. It was nice to see Romans exercising and walking their dogs. This is a side of Rome I have never seen before. After that, we got lunch at the Pantheon which was one of the things on Melissa's walk. We then went to a coffee shop that is famous for having the best expresso in Rome which was one of Alyssa's places. Finally, we ended at Giolittis which Hilary told us is the most famous gelateria in Rome. I was really happy with our walk today because I went to a few places that I probably would not go to normally. It was nice to see the things that my classmates have been experiencing during their time in Rome.

No comments: