Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Leaving Santa Maria in Cappella

Friday, I will be leaving my apartment for good. At first, it was really hard to get used to the apartment. This was the first time I EVER had to share a room with some one. Luckily, I got two great roommates (Ilana and Nicole V.) and everything worked out fine. Another thing that was hard to get used to were all the small problems that occurred during our stay. Showers not draining, faucets breaking, sinks leaking, almost NEVER having hot water and bugs constantly attacking you night and day were small annoyances that were hard for me to deal with some days. However, I am going to miss our apartment once I'm gone. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm going to miss our friendly doorman always saying a pleasant "Ciao!" to greet us. I'm also going to miss constantly having 12 amazing girls that I have become close with constantly around me. I'm going to miss the views from our windows and being able to wonder through a great neighborhood like Trastevere whatever night I feel like. It's safe to say that although I may have complained a lot over the past seven weeks, I'm definitely going to miss Rome!

No comments: