Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mopeds in Barcelona


I saw a lot of great things while I was in Barcelona this past weekend. I noticed that the drivers there are a lot more considerate than the ones that are in Rome. They actually yield to pedestrians, which reminds me of good old State College where you can walk out into traffic and 9 times out of 10, the driver is going to stop. (They won't be happy, but they'll stop!) In Barcelona, I noticed that there were MUCH fewer mopeds than in Rome. I'm not sure if it is because Barcelona had a bigger and more efficient metro system than Rome or what, but there definitely weren't mopeds whizzing passed you constantly or driving up on to the sidewalks just to get around traffic. I was, however, able to get a picture of a large row of parked mopeds that reminded me of the way they park mopeds by the capitol in Rome. Enjoy : )

No comments: