Saturday, May 17, 2008

Covered moped


Although there are probably thousands of mopeds through Rome, there are a certain kind that I have noticed. These unique mopeds actually have a cover over them to protect from rain or bugs (I'm assuming). Unfortunately all of the mopeds like this that I have seen have been whizzing past me at a million kilometers an hour. Luckily, today I was able to see one parked on an alley near our home, Santa Maria in Cappella. It's interesting to see a brand of automobiles here in Rome like we would see in the US. This moped is a BMW. I've also seen Fords and Mercedes. As you can see, this moped also has a large storage bin on the back so the owner is able to carry groceries, luggage or anything they need to transport. As you can see, it looks like this moped can probably only fit one person. However, most mopeds in Rome are able to carry two people. It's funny to me to see two guys on a moped in really nice Italian suits driving to work in the morning on a moped.

2 comments:

neil said...

hey babe that funny about the moped doubles. so ur pics awesome and u look beutiful in them! love u

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's weird!! how can be possible to see European brands like BMW and Mercedes in a European City? LOL