Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stretch Hummers.. in Roma?

Normally, I'm used to seeing mopeds and Smart cars all throughout Rome. There just really isn't room for cars bigger than that size. For example, when I see a minivan here, it's weird. At home, it would be equally as weird to see some one driving a Smart car down the highway. However, I saw the biggest car I have ever seen in Rome since I've been here (besides the double-decker tour buses.) Last weekend, after Rome won the World Cup, I saw a stretch Hummer drive by on the road in front of my apartment! There were people hanging out of the sunroof and the windows jamming out to music that I think was rap. They were videotaping everything going on around them, and seemed to be pretty intoxicated. I really couldn't tell if they were Italian, or some other nationality. Regardless, to be driving a stretch Hummer down a crowded highway full of cars that are about 1/10 the size of your own is pretty intense!

No comments: