Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Policia Helping Citizens

I had to walk to the Capitoline Museums on Saturday morning for a field trip. On the way there, we went a different way than we normally go to class. This way included crossing about three or four VERY busy roads. While we were risking our lives, I noticed that there was a police officer (Municipal I think) in one of those booths along the road. As soon as he saw that there was a large group of girls trying to cross the road, he quickly rushed out of his booth. He had on a blue uniform and a white helmet that looked like a construction worker's hard hat. As soon as he came out, we were able to cross the road so he didn't need to help us, but it was really nice to see that the municipal police are ready and willing to help you get across a busy and dangerous road. After we crossed, I turned around to try and take a picture, but some people had stopped him and were showing him a map so I figured it wasn't the best time!!

No comments: