Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Girls' Apartment


Because one of my themes for this blog is my apartment, I figured that I should tell you a little about how it's set up. We have six bedrooms that are shared by 13 girls. We all have to share three bathrooms. This means that some of us don't always get hot showers. We also have a small kitchen that is nice to use when we actually cook! We also have a large common room that can be used for doing work or eating. There are three refrigerators total, two in the hallway by the kitchen and one in the common room. Overall, I really like our accommodations. I share a large bedroom with two of my classmates, Ilana and Nicole. The room is beautiful and we have two large windows, one with a view of the Tiber River. The only unfortunate thing is that our building is right on the Porta di Ripa Grande. This is a very busy road in Rome and the traffic never stops, not even in the middle of the night!

I've posted a picture from our family dinner we had one of our first nights in Roma. You can kind of get an idea of what our common room looks like!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison! Guess who?? Love the blog and enjoying keeping up with your travels. Do I see plastic plates/forks being served with vino rosa?? Hmmmm. You know, you can be kicked out of Italy for that?! Ha. Be certain to hit a gelatoria (follow the locals!) before leaving. The ice cream is good in the States, however, nothing quite compares to Italian gelato! Ciao!!