Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day at the Beach

Today, my classmates and I decided to take a trip to the beach. It was so much fun! All we had to do was pay one Euro to take the metro to Lido di Ostia. As soon as we got off the stop, there was a bus that everyone was running to. We think it took you to the public beach. My classmates and I however followed some Italian teenagers to see where they went. We ended up going to a nice sea-front restaurant type place where you could rent umbrellas, chairs and a room to store your stuff all for one flat fee. The Meditterranean Sea is very different from the Atlantic Ocean. There is no "ocean smell" like at home. Instead, the water just smells really salty once you get into it. Another thing that is different is that the sand is brown. Even though everything was really different, I got a nice tan and really enjoyed myself!

No comments: