Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Policia Booth

I know that I mentioned in an earlier post that there are police officers all over the city. Some of them (the Carabiniere) are posted in various locations around the city. All they do is sit in a car and watch people while there is some sort of semi-automatic weapon (very scary) around their chest. However, there are some Carabiniere that are posted in little booths around the city. I'm not sure exactly what their official duties are, but from observing a booth for about five minutes, I saw the officer receive a phone call. Not sure if it was official police business, but at least he was doing something. Also, I saw some people stop by and talk to him. He opened the door to the booth and talked to them so I think they were friends, not looking for help. I've posted a picture of the officer in the booth. Enjoy : )

1 comment:

Tom Benson said...

Often those booths are guard posts.